Senior Promise 2017 Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Senior Promise 2017 (the “Contest”) is open high schools, school sponsored clubs or organizations, local chapters or clubs of national youth participating organizations, or youth sponsored clubs or alliances that are sponsored by a local civic, fraternal or government organization, in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia “(Qualified Participants”.) Employees, directors, officers and contractors or of National Foundation for Teen Safe Driving and other companies associated with the promotion of the Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The Contest is sponsored by National Foundation for Teen Safe Driving, (“Sponsor”) located at 955 US Hwy 9, South Amboy, New Jersey 08879.
- Agreement to Official Rules
Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Official Rules and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period
The Contest begins on January 27, 2017 at 12:01AM Eastern and ends on March 22, 2017 at 11:59 PM Eastern (the “Contest Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Contest Period will be disqualified. Submissions will be accepted for the duration of the Contest using any of the following methods: Online
- Complete Contest Entry
A complete contest entry will consist of the following:
- The Slogan
- This can be just the text, and submitted as a Word .doc or .pdf format, or,
- If your slogan contains specific design elements (such as specific fonts, colors, graphics, etc.), you should submit your entry in jpg or pdf format
- A brief narrative about the slogan, its relevance, how it further defines the campaign name, campaign objectives and the call to action (100 words or less) as a Word .doc or .pdf format
- One social media post. You can select any social media outlet (Facebook post, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) The post should be formatted according to the criteria stipulated by the social media site
- The Slogan
- How to Enter
Online: All entries must be submitted by completing and successfully submitting the Contest Entry Form and following the on our website (www.seniorpromise2017.com) or on the Sponsor’s website at (https://nftsd.org/outreach/awareness-campaigns/senior-promise-2017/contest-entry/).This is a school/organization based contest – not an individual student contest. Qualified Participants may submit more than one entry, however only one prize will be awarded to each Qualified Participant. Each entry must be submitted individually. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Prize Winner Selection and Notification
An independent panel of judges, each individually qualified to evaluate the eligible contest entries for originality, creativity, adherence to the theme, and overall quality of the Complete Contest Entry, will evaluate all eligible and complete entries. The judges will a) select ten entries judged to be the best and b) from these ten entries will select one Grand Prize Winner and one Second Place Winner. The entry selected as the Grand Prize Winner will become the official slogan for “Senior Promise 2017.” The decision of the judges is final.The winners will be notified by email, mail or phone. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 2-4 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest.
Sponsor will award a total of $10,000 in grants to the winning Qualified Participants as follows:
- One Grand Prize: $5,000 grant awarded by National Foundation for Teen Safe Driving
- One Second Place: $1,000 grant award from National Foundation for Teen Safe Driving
- Eight (8) $500 grants will be awarded from National Foundation for Teen Safe Driving to the remaining selected finalists
In the event that the Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, the Second Place winner will be deemed the contest winner and will receive the full value of the Grand Prize in place of the Second Place award. This will reduce the total amount of grants awarded to all winners by the Sponsor for this contest to $8,000.
- General Conditions
In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, bug, worm, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem, or in the event the Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) terminate the Contest and, in the event of termination, award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages (including attorney’s fees) and any other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Conditions of Participation
By entering, Qualified Participants agree to defend and indemnify Sponsor(s), Sponsor’s affiliated entities and their respective principals, subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, members, managers, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, vendors, media partners, individuals involved in this Contest (including, without limitation, the judges) and/or the like (hereinafter the “Sponsor Parties”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest as a result of receiving Qualifying Participants’ submissions and/or use and/or misuse of any Prize. The Qualifying Participant each release the Sponsor and each Sponsor Party from any and all claims by third parties or by the Qualifying Participant in connection with his/her submission(s). Each Qualifying Participant agrees that the Sponsor may retain a copy of his/her submission(s) and each releases the Sponsor from liability for any loss or damage thereto. Each Qualifying Participant also consents, approves and authorizes the Sponsor and/or any Sponsor Parties and/or gives them the right to use, broadcast, webcast, podcast, link to or from, syndicate, or otherwise exhibit or display the submitted video (or other materials) in its original and/or in an altered form or format. Each Qualifying Participant grants the Sponsor and the Sponsor Parties the unqualified, unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use his or her name, logo, marks, submission entries, and other distinctive identification in connection with promoting or marketing the Contest or its theme, and future contests, materials or as the Sponsor determines. The rights described in these Rules begin immediately upon submission of the Campaign Idea.
- Release and Limitations of Liability
By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other companies associated with the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives, and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest, including lost, interrupted or unavailable Internet Service Provider (ISP), network, server, wireless service provider, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone, cellular tower or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (c) mechanical, network, electronic, computer, human, printing or typographical errors; (d) application downloads, (e) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest, the announcement of the winner, the cancellation or postponement of the event and/or the flyover, if applicable, the incorrect downloading of the application, the processing of entries application downloads or in any Contest-related materials; or (f) injury, death, losses or damages of any kind, to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrants participation in the Contest or acceptance, receipt or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto). Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the entrant be entitled to receive attorney’s fees. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in New Jersey. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New Jersey.
- Original Work of Participant
Qualified Participants must not have granted any other person or entity prior right to use their submissions. Submissions will not be accepted or eligible if they include – in the sole judgment of the Sponsor— any content that contains or appears to contain:
- Profane, obscene, or inappropriate material;
- Endorses, encourages, glorifies, or condones drug use, underage drinking, alcohol abuse or any other illegal activity;
- Nudity, profanity or gratuitous violence;
- Inappropriate language;
- Any express or implied commercial endorsement;
- Any derogatory characterization of any person or group based on age, race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, marital status, mental or physical disability, citizenship, creed, national origin, physical appearance, political affiliation, union membership, or other unethical or unlawful factors;
- Any actual or apparent copying or other infringement of another’s intellectual property rights.
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION. THIS PROMOTION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.A purchase will not improve chances of winning.CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: You have not yet won.
- (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- (ii) (Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
- (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort.
- (iv) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE.
- (v) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
If you have any questions or comments in relation to the contest, please contact Roy Bavaro, Executive Director, National Foundation for Teen Safe Driving, 955 US Highway 9, South Amboy, NJ 08817, or by email at email@example.com, or by calling 732.952.0218.